Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Haircuts...

There are a great many things that Gabriel loves...He loves his sisters,
 
his Pluto,(which is always upside down--he's obsessed with the tag, which is more like shreds at this point),
his "guys" (daniel tiger plastic figures;-) his "nilk" (milk),
playing outside,
he loves bath time (which is a good thing because of the previously mentioned love of the outdoors!)
I could honestly go on and on and on...but there are a few things that this little boy just doesn't feel the love for, and the biggest one right now is a haircut! Poor mister man is just TERRIFIED of everything involving getting a haircut.  However, he was at the point where he was sporting the same pixie cut that I had a few years back, so it was time to take a deep breath and git 'er dun!
As you can see from his tear-stained face, he was not impressed, but doesn't he look so handsome and so big now?!  I have big bruises on my legs now from being kicked so much, but hopefully we can go more regularly and get him more used to it.  He is seriously THE sweetest little boy (haircuts are the only time he ever flails around), but haircuts are just not his thing at the moment. This too shall pass, right? 
His big sister, on the other hand, likes all things involving being pampered. She was very excited to take an afternoon with me to get a haircut, complete with a big-girl shampooing:) 
And when I got my free products in the mail to try from Influenster, she begged me to let her use them, too!  Since I needed to review them in exchange for receiving them for free, I thought it would be fun to see how they worked on Lucy's hair, too. The products are by Dessange, and we got to try the shampoo, the conditioner, and also a replenishing oil. 

It was neat that we both got to try them and see how they worked for us since we have different types of hair--mine is thicker and Lucy's is longer. I love how clean they made both of our hair feel. Typically, conditioners and oils weigh my hair down, but I didn't find this to be the case at all. And while I'm not too crazy about the heavily perfumed scent, Lucy absolutely LOVES it! The oil isn't something I really need to use very often on my hair at all, but this past month, I've used it on Lucy's hair about once a week or so, and it has been wonderful for her.  Her hair is SO soft and silky and healthy feeling when we use the oil!  So, I will probably stick to using the shampoo and conditioner,
 and Lucy will stick to using the replenishing oil.  If you have long hair especially, these products are great!
And as a stay at home momma always trying to save our pennies, I love that I got to try them for FREE!;-)

No haircuts to report in this post for my Annie-girl, but she does have the sweetest little curls popping up on the back of her head. You can't see them too well in this picture, but since she's napping at the moment, it's all I can get...

It's hard to believe that in less than a month, we will celebrating her FIRST birthday, followed by Gabriel's THIRD birthday just two months after that!  So many milestones going on in our family. I'm reminded daily that while the days (the fits, the struggles, etc.) may seem long, the years are truly SO short, so I'm doing my best to soak up every single second of every day with these precious babies the Lord has entrusted to me. I'm so thankful to be their momma! 

No comments:

Post a Comment