Friday, April 20, 2012

Outreach Requirements...

In an effort to keep myself from twiddling my thumbs while we wait (I never realized how impatient of a person I truly am until all of this!  My goodness, PB, get a grip!  LOL:) I thought it might be time for another blogpost.

I didn't get a chance to blog this past week about fulfilling part of our outreach requirements with our adoption agency.  We asked for someone from the agency to come speak to our local MOMs group. (This is a group our church hosts every first and third Tuesday of the month.  Childcare is provided while women come together for a time of Bible study and fellowship/activities/projects/etc.)  I was so excited for CHFS to come and share about their amazing ministry, and I was so blessed to have my mom surprise me by showing up to be there for it as well.  Shaylee came and spoke to our group and gave a wonderful talk on what Christmas Homes is all about.  I was surprised to learn that Abilene (where our agency's main office is located) has one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in Texas, and Texas has one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the country.  I'm so thankful for ministries like Christian Homes and Family Services that provide help and resources as well as truly empowering options for girls facing an unplanned pregnancy.  Please join me in praying for this organization:

*As they raise awareness for the option of adoption
*As they strive to provide help (financially, emotionally, and spiritually) for these girls and women
*As they continue to seek the Lord's direction for their ministry

Also, if you are near the Tyler or Abilene area, check out their upcoming fundraiser luncheon this next week with Anita Renfroe:

http://www.christianhomes.com/event/call-her-blessed-luncheon-tyler
http://www.christianhomes.com/event/call-her-blessed-luncheon-abilene

No comments:

Post a Comment