Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Blue Skies...

I found myself feeling very guarded this week about the whole adoption process.  What if we get picked by a birthmom and then she changes her mind after the baby is born?  Of course, I want what is going to be best for the baby, and I know ultimately we are going to end up with the baby God has chosen to be a part of our family, so I've just been praying God would only place THE birthmother and baby in our lives that is supposed to be there.  Sometimes I think that seems kind of selfish, but I just feel like God is calling me to be bold in my requests, so I'm pouring my heart out to Him but while I'm trusting that He will prepare our hearts to grieve or rejoice.

A very dear friend reminded me yesterday that I've just got to have faith.  Seems simple, but my stubborn flesh often puts up a fight towards such a simple task.  This friend showed up at my door yesterday afternoon with this shirt for me to remind me of that truth.  I'm sporting it proudly today, remembering that God has called me to have faith that He IS going before us and preparing His perfect path for our family!

Then, last night, I saw this verse posted on FB:

Romans 15:13
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."


Not only was God reminding me to put my faith in Him, but He was also reminding me again that it is OK for me to hope and He WANTS me to hope!  So Romans 15:13 is what I'm praying continually today-for God to fill me with such joy and peace as a result of trusting in Him that my hope will just OVERFLOW as I experience HIS power.  I have faith that He WILL do what He has promised, and I'm clinging to that today!

...

As I went to title this post before submitting it, I typed in "Faith and Hope..." which immediately brought my mind to the old song by Point of Grace "Faith, Hope and Love."  (My mind works like a jukebox except it doesn't require the quarter--give me a title and I start singing something! LOL:)  I thought about posting the lyrics to that particular song, but as I was looking them up I came across another POG song entitled, "Blue Skies."  Wow!  These lyrics brought such encouragement to me right where I'm at, so I want to close today's post with sharing them with you:

Blue Skies (Point of Grace)
On days of gray
When doubt clouds my view
It's so hard to see past my fears
My strength seems to fade
And it's all I can do
To hold on, 'til the light reappears
Still, I believe though some rain's bound to fall
That you're here next to me
And you're over it all


(Chorus)
Lord, the sky's still blue
For my hope is in you
You're my joy
You're the dream that's still alive
Like the wind at my back
And the sun on my face
You are life
You're grace
You are blue skies
You're my blue skies


When nights are long
Seems the dark has no end
Still we walk on in light of the truth
For waiting beyond
Where the morning begins
Is the dawn, and you're mercy anew
Oh, to believe we're alive in you're love
There is so much to see
If we keep looking up


(Repeat Chorus)

You fill the heavens with hope and a higher love
A picture, a promise for life


(Repeat Chorus) 

No comments:

Post a Comment