Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My heart is so full...and so are my arms!

What a week! I can't believe that my SON is already one week old! What a rollercoaster of emotions this past week has held. I'm so anxious to share all of the details with you guys, but for now it's best for me not to do that (long story), so please hang tight, and in the mean time, let me just tell you all about this amazing baby boy God has placed in our arms!

He is SUCH a good baby! He is SO beautiful with a head full of gorgeous dark hair! He loves to be snuggled but also is so content in the swing or in his pack n play. So far he is a good eater and a great sleeper. The times he is awake you can just see him trying to soak everything in that's going on around him. I especially love seeing the way he looks at Lucy when she's singing to him-melts this mommy's heart for sure! It's only been a week since he came into our lives, but I just can't imagine life without him here now-it's been the smoothest and most natural transition. My heart is just so very, very full (and as a dear friend pointed out, so are my arms:-)

Coming home as a family of four was such an emotional moment. We walked in to find our house decorated with steamers, flowers, balloons, and signs, (and one delicious cookie cake!) all to help welcome our family home. A very dear friend of mine (who is also adopting) had put together the neatest Bible (all color coated by topics-it is SO cool!) and some ABC scripture cards (I love working on memory verses with Lucy, and it will be perfect for that!) No telling how much if her time she gave for such a special gift for our family! Another precious woman in our church had gotten a key to our house and spent the week decorating the nursery while we were gone. What a gift! We came home to, literally, a dream nursery! (I'll post a few pix below.) We also had friends who took care of our pets while we were gone, an AC issue that happened, and not to mention the multitudes of those covering our family in prayer and words of encouragement. I will never be able to fully express to each of you how much your acts of love, selflessness, and support have touched my heart. Each of you have played some sort of role in our journey to adoption. How beautiful it is to think of what Gabriel's story to becoming part of our family looks like, and within that picture would be images of each of you. Thank you seems so inadequate, but please accept my deepest and most sincere words of gratitude. We are so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. It's all so beautiful, PB. You have been blessed not only with a new baby, but wonderful friends.

    ReplyDelete