I also can't help but think of our baby's birthmother as we approach this Sunday's holiday: Mother's Day. As I prepare for this holiday, I think of the blessing I've been given in being a mommy to our little miracle girl. And then I'm filled with thankfulness at the amazing woman God gave to me as my mother, and the incredible mother God gave to my husband-she molded DH into the man he is today, just as my mother molded me into the woman I am today. I am so grateful to these women, for their selflessness in serving their families, and I am filled with such love and admiration for them. But then there's another woman who I can't help but think of as Mother's Day approaches...the woman who will be giving birth to the baby that will make me a mother again...I wonder what kinds of emotions will be going through her head on that day as she's carrying her baby inside of her, maybe not certain on whether or not she is going to be that child's mother...I wonder if it will be a hard day for her in this journey, or maybe it will be a positive day for her. I don't know...but I do know that I can pray for her as she goes through quite possibly a realm of emotions. Will you join me in praying for her?
- Pray that she would have clear direction on what decision to make for her baby (to parent or to place for adoption)
- Pray for a peace and calmness to cover her
- Pray that she would draw closer to Christ and find her worth and direction in Him
- Pray that her baby will be safe, healthy, and strong as it develops in her womb.
- Pray that God will prepare us to know how to best minister to her and love her and support her
Prayerfully and joyously waiting for your little one...