Monday, October 15, 2012

Ten years ago...

Tomorrow marks a very important day in my life.  It really was a type of turning point for me, and within that day was a moment that I will never forget.  Exactly ten years ago on October 16th my best friend since junior high welcomed her precious baby boy into this world, and I was given the priviledge to stand by her side.  Along with Tara's mother, we "coached" her (ok, we probably annoyed her some, too!) through her labor as we anxiously awaited our first peak at a boy we were all so in love with already.  I even got to cut his umbilical cord!  (Okay, truth be known, I attempted to cute his umbilical cord, but that's an entirely different story!:-)  That moment was truly the most beautiful moment of my life up until that point, to see this precious and innocent life make his entrance into the world.  I have never experienced anything more beautiful than to see life truly be born.  It was a turning point for me in my Christian walk, because the reality of the beauty of life that God has created became so much more real to me.  To see the strength in my dear friend who carried him for nine months and chose to give him life, and to see him enter into that life was an absolutely priceless experience for me, and I'm so grateful I got to be a part of it.

I want to share two pictures with ya'll that represent the beauty of that moment to me--one that came from just moments after he was born, and one that came almost ten years later...

Here I am, holding Jessie just minutes after he was born...


And here is Jessie, almost ten years later, holding my baby boy...


I just can't help but sit back and smile when I look at both of those pictures.  They truly represent to me the beauty of life that God gifts us with!

Happy birthday, Jessie!  I pray you will always know what a special gift you are to all who are blessed to have you in their lives.  God has such a special plan for your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment