Since I started this blog, you've probably read many statements over the past several months that spoke of "another step in the journey" or something along those lines, and tomorrow it seems like we come to the culmination of each of those steps, because tomorrow (technically today since I'm up past midnight) we get to finalize Gabriel's adoption! It's so crazy to look back on this past year and retrace each of those monumental steps...
- Feeling called to adopt (My first blog entry)
- Choosing an agency (12/31/11)
- Attending orientation (January 2012)
- Starting the paperwork (January 2012) (remember me blogging about the MOUNDS of paperwork, plus necessary classes, fingerprinting, scrapbook, dear birthmother letter, etc.)
- FINISHING the paperwork! (March 2012)
- Interviews and Homestudy (March 2012)
- Getting approved (April 10, 2012)
- Getting our online profile
- Getting the call that a birthmother had chosen us
- Meeting the birthmother!
- Waiting for baby boy to arrive
- Gabriel's birth (June 26th, 2012)
- Bringing Gabriel home (June 28th, 2012)
- Waiting the 30 days for parental rights to be terminated
- Post placement visits
- Waiting for a court date/turning in documents to attorney
- Court date being set for 12/12/12!
We are still on the journey
But it's not like before
For we started as three
And now we are four.